Saturday, December 1, 2012

Lost in the fog....

Sitting on the runway waiting to take my short flight up to SFO and back.  Since I got in on time from BOS and I wouldn't mind getting home a little early from this weekend's adventure, I caught an earlier flight by a few hours.  This has it's benefits and drawbacks:

Benefits- Early arrival, lunch in SFO (way better options in that terminal), and I now know, thanks to Skymall, that the 'human slingshot' exists.
Drawbacks- Gave up my priority exit row seat, not sure if the Club there has showers (I could use one), did almost an immediate connecting flight for the second time in a row.

And, though I'm not sure how it plays, the weather is deteriorating in SFO, so all the flights into there are significantly delayed.  No, San Fran doesn't get the snow storms I'm worried about in the northeast, but through a striking bit of unfortunate planning, the runway setup doesn't handle.....fog well.  Yes fog...as if no one saw that as a potential issue with this...

Especially as I don't have anywhere to be until the evening, I'm willing to go along with it and still enjoy the little things.  For instance, our pilots are doing their best to remain congenial with the already delayed passengers and have started giving a (slowly) rolling tour of the scenic LAX taxiway- 

"And for those of you on the left side of the aircraft, you will be able to see two Airbus 380s, you may have heard about them in the news.  They're...really large..."

Gold star guys, gold star.... Consider me entertained.  Now, let's get up the coast.  There's some vegetarian pho with my name on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment