Saturday, December 8, 2012

Round 2....



"Early morning high-5, 737 style"

So, it's been a week since I've been in airports....a whole week, 7 days...more hours.

It's currently 6am and I'm back at the LAX Admiral's Club waiting for the 222 sunrise flight to Boston.  For those of you keeping track, this will be mileage run 2 of 3 on the way to AA Executive Platinum status for 2013.  To reach it this year, I needed an extra 18,900 flight miles since with the current promotion that equals out at over 37,000 elite qualifying miles.  The way the deals fell, I scheduled myself for over 20,000....in 3 weekends.  

After last weekend's LAX-BOS-LAX-SFO-LAX run, I've put away around 6,300 of them.  Today should add another 5,800.  This time around I've routed through DFW to add a few hundred miles and break up the trip.  Today's goal: Breakfast in LA (done), lunch in Boston, and dinner in Dallas.  All in airports, of course.  The flights today look to be shockingly empty; I'm anticipating a row to myself on the first one.  Have I said before how much I love flying in mileage season?

Currently, LAX is covered in heavy fog but it doesn't seem to be slowing things down like last weekend in San Francisco.  My flight is delayed, but due to crew time-out and only for a few minutes.  What is getting to me though is the guy next to me on the long bench seat in the Club.  After chewing more loudly than I thought possible, making various other bodily noises, and laughing to himself for awhile, he's taken off his shoes and lay down with his feet just a few inches from my table.....really?

I mean I'm the first to say I've been in that place where after enough hours on the go the amount of giving a s*&t is running pretty low but man, come on.  This place is nearly empty....find some personal space.  Besides, I was here first and this is my favorite seat.  Seriously, I have spent many a wonderful hour exactly right here. It's near the bar, has a real table, 2 power outlets, AND a view of the runway and TBIT.  You're in my house now dude.  

.....Have I mentioned how I'm looking forward to that row to myself in a few minutes??

Until the next connection, fly safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment